Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Summertime Sadness

I've got that summertime sadness.. because I left my favorite swimsuit in a hotel room in Atlanta.. and its gone for good! It looks like someone in the hotel cleaning crew may be wearing my favorite BCBG bikini that I've had since 2009! But I guess it was about time for me to get a new one. Recently I started a hunt for a new swimsuit that I loved just as much. Soon I realized that this is definitely the wrong year to be bikini shopping (atleast for me!)-- it appears the new trend everywhere seems to be extremely skimpy bikinis- where the bottoms are pretty much thongs, or there is careful stitching on the derrier to make it almost look like a wedgie! I looked everywhere in the mall and was very disappointed in this new look. Those bikinis may look good on those surfer models, but I am not, and never have been confident enough to show my behind to everyone at the pool. And I also don't want to see my friend's rear either- especially if we are all stuck together on a boat or something. If you ask me, this trend will fade fast. Hopefully! After being exhausted from the search of trying to find a normal coverage bikini at the mall, I found 3 bikinis online that I will be wearing at my pool this summer.  
This is my favorite one and it is from BCBG. BCBG has never let me down when it comes to swimwear (or anything else!) I looked for it in their store in Green Hills mall but they were out, so I had to order it online. Luckily it fit perfect and it is NOT skimpy. It has braded tassels on the bottom and top- so its sorta boho chic! AND you are in luck- it is currently on sale from $170.00 to $85.00!! You can find it here.
 

Next is one of my guilty pleasures- Old Navy! It is one of those stores that takes a lot of looking, but when when you find something you like it is such a steal and you wear it forever! I found this bikini online and it is snake skin (like the bikini I lost- R.I.P!) Luckily it has normal coverage so I wont be feeling too showy at the pool. Like everything at Old Navy, it is affordable, only $33.88! You can find it here. 

Last but not least is a bikini I found on sale at V I X Swimwear. VIX can be found at Nordstrom and other swimwear stores around town. When I was in the mall everywhere was completely out of my size (M), so I went to the actual brand website and found a ton of bikinis way marked down on sale! This one was marked down from $196.00 to $137.20. Unfortunately, the bottoms were too skimpy for me so I had to return them. You can find more V I X bikinis on sale here.   

Readers, are there any other places to find swimwear? What do you think of this new trend?

xoxo,
RG


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...