Thursday, August 7, 2014

100 Happy Days

                                    
Yesterday I read about this new challenge called the 100 Happy Days Challenge. It asks you to take a picture of something that makes you happy- every day for 100 days.  Apparently 71% of the people that tried to complete this challenge quit - quoting their reason as lack of time for it. The website says, "these people do not have time to be happy- do you?" If you want to enter the challenge, you first submit your information to their site.  You can post your daily photo on your social media (or wherever you want) with the hashtag #100HappyDays. If you complete the challenge, you can be sent a little book containing all 100 of your miniature photos to remind you of the beauty of your life!
The website says people ask why they would want to do this. It says:
People successfully completing the challenge claimed to:

- Start noticing what makes them happy every day;
- Be in a better mood every day;
- Start receiving more compliments from other people;
- Realize how lucky they are to have the life they have;
- Become more optimistic; and/or
- Fall in love during the challenge.
I really love the whole idea of this challenge. It simply asks you to stop and think for a moment daily about what makes you happy about your day! There are so many times I rush through my week or get worried about something unimportant and I forget about how great my life is! I often forget to not stress about the small stuff and remember what is really important and how lucky I am. If I decide to participate in this challenge I will be sure to post about it on here. Such a cool idea! You can enter and read more about the foundation and challenge here. There is also a Today Show article written about the story of Dmitry Golubnichy and the whole phenomenon he started here- it is a must read!!
Readers, what do you think of this challenge?






Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...