Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Rent The Runway

One of my favorite inventions ever is Rent The Runway! Rent The Runway is an online service that provides designer dress and accessory rentals. You can rent dresses for all occasions and even jewelry and furs! It was started by Jennifer Hyman and Jennifer Fleiss who met at Harvard Business School and launched the company in 2009 (question is... why didn't I think of this??). It now offers over 50,000 dresses and 10,000 accessories from over 200 designers, including Vera Wang, Badgley Mischka and Lilly Pulitzer!
I am so happy I discovered this site because too often I will buy a ballgown or dress for a wedding or event and it will be forever before I wear it again! This has really saved me a lot of money! You order the dress for the event online and they will ship it to you the day before your event! (below)


You have the dress for 2 or 3 days before you send it back to them in the pre-paid envelope! (below) They take care of the drycleaning.. all you have to do is wear it and send it back! The $5.00 insurance fee is included in your purchase.


But probably the best idea of all about this company is that they let real-life-people post photos of themselves WEARING the dresses- so you can see what the dresses in your size look like on actual people. I get really nervous about ordering stuff online so this is perfect! We all know that some dresses look totally different in person than on a model- so people on the site have the option of posting their review with their size, height, and weight so you can get an idea of what the dress would look like on yourself.
The first dress I rented was for a New Years Eve event back in December. It was a black tie optional event so I rented this Badley Mischka dress- I figured since it was glittery it would be perfect for NYE! I was a little nervous that the dress wouldn't arrive on time, but I got it right on schedule!

The dress was a $750.00 dress that I got to rent for only $35.00! Below is a pic of me wearing the dress at the NYE event.
Then,  back in February I rented this dress for the Ballet Ball. It was a black tie event, so I rented this Rebecca Taylor Meteor Shower dress.

It is a $925.00 dress and it was only $70.00 to rent! Such a steal!

There were many weddings going on this summer, so I ended up renting this Shoshanna Lace Sierra Dress..... and I loved it so much that I rented it twice! Although the dress was red, it was very lacy and appropriate for the wedding receptions at the country club and the event hall!



The dress was a $385.00 dress that I was able to rent for only $35.00! I am still on a hunt to buy this dress somehow! 
You can also buy dresses on the website- they are slightly used but in like-new condition! Go check out Rent The Runway and you will NOT be disappointed! It is much more fun than going on a hunt at the mall all day for what to wear to one event!
Readers, what do you think of RTR?


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...