Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Eyebrow Threading

Last night I went to Green Hills mall after work. After looking around for about an hour, I walked by Brow Art 23, an eyebrow threading store. 


I had been wondering about the ancient art of eyebrow threading for years- and the process sounded so bizarre to me! Eyebrow threading, which originated in the Middle East over 6000 years ago, involves twisting a piece of thread, usually cotton, into a double strand. This double stranded thread is used to pick up and pluck a line of hair and then remove it at the follicle, creating a clean, precise line. This is different than tweezing, which removes one hair at a time.


I have always gone to a salon to have a professional wax my brows because its a mess when I try to tweeze them myself! It is guaranteed that I will mess them up and they will end up too thin or completely uneven. So I go about every 2 months to Wendy at Kiva Salon and lately it has been harder to schedule an appointment with her after work. I made a snap decision to give eyebrow threading a try to see what in the world this would be like!

I walked in and the lady sat me straight in the chair. There was NO wait and I didn't need an appointment! (Note- this was at 8:00 p.m. on a Monday night, so not the busiest time.. but still!) To be honest, I was frightened. I didn't know how much it would hurt, how long it would take, or how to even sit in the chair. 

When she was threading, it reminded me of someone taking a rake and pulling your hair out all at once with a rake.The entire process took seriously about ONE MINUTE! I looked in the mirror and my brows look fabulous! I now believe that I am hooked. I thought it really wasn't as painful and it took much less time than waxing. Yes, any time you are pulling hair out by the follicle it will hurt, but this wasn't as bad for me because it was so quick and there was no hot wax involved. No pain, no gain!

Usually my entire forehead area will be bright red and sore for about 5 hours with waxing, but my skin wasn't irritated or red at all from threading! Its a miracle! It also only cost $11.00! I am used to paying $15.00- $20.00 in a salon, and with no appointment necessary, how convenient is that?


 Brow Art 23 also offers the following services:

Henna Tattoos;
Body and Facial Threading;
Makeup;
Permanent Makeup;
Eyelash Extensions, and
Skin Care. (I wouldn't mind trying their eyelash extensions, haha!)

Here are some more reasons why you should try eyebrow threading:

- It is a natural beauty regimen- no harmful products or chemicals like waxing;
- It is less expensive, and appointments are not always required;
- The eyebrow stylist has her hands in the air, not blocking your face so she can see more clearly what she is doing and how she is shaping your brows, and
- It takes less time than waxing (at least in my experience).

Note: If you are really picky about your brows, tell your stylist at Brow Art 23 what you would like done before she starts. I am not picky so I let her do whatever she wanted. It takes about 3 weeks for your brows to grow back.

Readers, have you ever tried eyebrow threading? 




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...