Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Eyes by ToGoSpa



The last couple of years I have been having issues with bags under my eyes no matter how much sleep I've gotten. I assume that it is mostly due to allergies since whenever I take Allegra or other allergy meds for a few days they disappear. 

However, I have become pretty anti-medicine over the last year and I try to take a holistic approach to my health unless it is absolutely necessary. I wont even take aspirin unless my headache is hurting so much that I can barely work. But that's all a story for another day! 

Recently, I had been using this Garnier Eye Roller from Walgreens every day and it has been helping the under eye bags somewhat. Then last week I came across this new product that I decided to try- Eyes by ToGoSpa (formerly known as Eyedews):
 

They are moisture packed collagen gel pads that provide instant, cooling relief for eyes suffering from dark circles, under-eye bags, fine lines, stress/fatigue, or to help you feel refreshed from a late night of too much fun, hangovers, allergies or headaches. 

Their website says they are the "must do" for anyone in need of a quick, portable, spa-like pick-me-up for your tired, puffy, overworked or over-stressed peepers. 

I didn't end up taking a selfie with them on since I was looking rough before getting ready, so in case you want to know what they look like on your face, here is an instagram picture of my friend from college, Kelly Wonderlin, wearing them (below). She was entering a contest with them last week- you can also read her blog here. (Thanks for letting me use your pic, Kellz!)


How do they work? Activated by the body's temperature, the nutrients stored in each flexible gel bad are absorbed directly into the delicate dermis found just below the eye. Each application is infused with a combination of natural high-density marine collagen, enzymes, amino acids, natural marine minerals, trace elements, proteins and vitamins. 

With one 20 minute application, you will see improved elasticity, texture and overall appearance of the skin below the eye. 

They come in three kinds: 

Ice Water: Refreshing
Soothes, moisturizes, and refreshes tired eyes.



Coconut: Replenishing
Minimizes the appearance of fine lines and crow's feet. 


Green Tea: Rejuvenating. 
Lifts and rejuvenates your eyes for a fresh, youthful appearance. 

Since my issue is puffiness, I got the Ice Water kind. As suggested, I put it in the fridge for a few minutes before applying. 

I decided to try these out before getting ready to go out on Saturday night- but I wouldn't suggest that because once you put them on it is sooooo relaxing! The gel smells awesome and it is extremely cooling on your eyes once it is activated by your body temperature. 

They suggest that you use them in a peaceful, relaxing environment, and honestly they were so relaxing that I almost fell asleep once I applied them- NOT good if you have to get up and go somewhere! 

I also wouldn't suggest eating with them on, because when I was eating my dinner with them applied they almost fell off my face! 

They REALLY made me feel like I'm in a spa! Once I removed them, unfortunately they did not completely remove my under eye bags, but they did minimize their appearance and make my eyes look more alert and rested. 

I had bought a 3-pack so I will try them two more times before deciding to order more. I suggest anyone and everyone to give them a try! These would also make AWESOME gifts- and you can order them in 3 packs or larger quantities here.

Readers, have you tried Eyes by To Go Spa? What remedies do you use for your under eye bags?



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...