Friday, November 21, 2014

Goodbye Diem!


I heard the worst news last week that MTV reality star Diem Brown lost her battle with cancer on November 14. She was only 32 and I was completely shocked, because a couple months ago I had heard that she was doing much better!

I had watched her on all of the MTV Challenges since 2006- she was on 7 seasons and got to travel the world with the reality show! She was always so up beat and fun and she was one of my very favorite people on the show. 

This was Brown's third cancer diagnosis after being previously diagnosed with ovarian cancer in 2006 and 2012. When she had heard that the cancer had spread to her colon and stomach, she remained in high spirits and refused to give up, saying "I'll beat cancer again, I'm a warrior!"


Her battle with cancer inspired her to start MedGift, which created a financial and emotional support network for people with cancer or enduring mental health issues. While Brown never intended to use the site herself, her family started a page in her honor following her most recent diagnosis. 

I saw on E News an interview with her that was taken shortly before she passed away. She was telling the camera that she was so "sick of cancer" and just ready to be done with it, all said while smiling. She passed away surrounded by her friends and family. She is in a better place now and she will be missed by so many! She did so much for charities and for spreading cancer awareness

So tragic. This is a reminder of how short life can be and that its important to live life to the fullest! Here is a video (below) I saw today that was played at her Memorial Service. It is really inspiring. It celebrates her life and what she did for so many people! If you would like to donate to the charity she started, click here!


This video definitely made me cry but I'm happy that I watched it. Life is so precious! Readers, did any of you watch Diem while she was on The Challenge? What did you think about her story?


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...