Thursday, November 6, 2014

Stitch Fix: Round 2!

Good morning from day 4 of my stay-cation! It has been a really relaxing week so far and I'd really been needing a break from all the craziness at work! 

Last month I wrote a post about my first experience with Stitch Fix. You can read what I wrote about it here for a more thorough explanation- but Stitch Fix is an online personal styling service that mails 5 handpicked clothing or accessory items to your door for a $20.00 styling fee. If you choose to buy any of the items, the $20.00 is applied towards your purchase, and if you buy all 5 items you get 25% off everything! Last month I kept an amazing pair of burgundy jeans that I absolutely love! It would have taken me a lot of hunting in stores to find them so Stitch Fix really saved me some time- so it was a big success for me! 

You can write a note to your stylist about what you are wanting in this month's "fix", but this month I didn't give any hints and just wanted to see what they would surprise me with. I got my #2 fix today! Here is what was picked for me in November's fix:

Item #1: Denna Colored Skinny Jeans from Kut from the Kloth



My review: I loved the color, feel and price of the jeans, but they were WAY too big on me! They were totally baggy and saggy on my legs, so there was no way that I could keep these. Too bad because they're the perfect shade of red and super soft, and for the price of $78.00 they weren't too horribly expensive. 
Status: Sent back.


Item #2: Edmund Faux Leather Sleeve Printed Open Drape Jacket


My review: This jacket was super soft and comfy. It seems to be a cross between a cardigan and a jacket. It has faux leather sleeves which is trending right now, and I feel like I could sleep in it because its so soft! However, I'm not sure where I would wear this, or what I would wear it with. It is a little too "loud" for my taste, and too much of a statement jacket for me, unfortunately. The price was $88.00 which isn't too bad for a jacket. 
Status: Sent back. 


Item #3: Finlee Textured Checkerboard Fit & Flare Dress


My review: This dress fits perfect and is really flattering. The skirt flares out and its so cute! It is made of nice material, but the checkered print was a little loud for me, and for the price of $68.00, I didn't love it enough to keep it. 
Status: Sent back. 


Item #4: Filbert Abstract Striped Henley Blouse by 41Hawthorn



My review: This blouse was a little big, but I liked the overall fit. I didn't like the shade of blue in the pattern. Its too bright of a blue- maybe if this top was a different color I would have liked it. 
Status: Sent back.


Item #5: Octavia Mesh Fringe Detail Infinity Scarf



My review: This scarf was comfy, but I'm not looking for this type of scarf right now. I'm glad I got to try on an infinity scarf though, since they are all the rage right now. I had been wondering how to put one on- haha!
Status: Sent back. 

Here's the styling card from Stitch Fix containing ways to wear these items:


So I didn't keep anything in this fix. I will just be getting charged the $20.00 styling fee and I'll send everything back to them. All of these items really weren't my style, and they were really loud or intense looking. Not the vibe I was going for this month! I will send my stylist at Stitch Fix my feedback so hopefully she will do a better job next time. I hope they will send me more normal pieces next month! Its too bad I will have to wait another month for my next fix but oh well! Better luck next time I guess! 

Readers, what do you think of these items? Do you think I made the right decision in sending them all back?



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...