Tuesday, December 16, 2014

iPhone 6 Review!!

 
I am so excited because after so much waiting I finally got an iPhone 6! I had to wait over a week to have the Verizon store mail it to me since there were none in the Nashville area. After the (rude) Verizon salesman at the store on Charlotte tried to send my phone to the wrong address in our  building, and then waiting an hour yesterday on the phone with a Verizon rep trying to have the new phone activated, it is finally up and working! 

After a long wait it was all worth it. I have had the phone less than 24 hours so I'm still learning about it, but these are the most notable features I have found so far:

The phone is bigger- it is much thinner and lighter than the iPhone 5 but the screen is wayyyy larger and taller- I have already dropped it twice because I'm not used to handling it (I'm still waiting on my case to be mailed to me and I wish it would get here because I'm such a klutz with this thing!)



The buttons are in totally different places than any of the previous iPhones. The lock key is on its side and there are new volume buttons on the left of the screen. I'm still trying to get used to them!

Be careful when applying the sticky protective screen cover. The screen is really big so it is very hard to apply the sticky screen without air bubbles. It took me 3 tries with 2 different sticky screens to apply it correctly, and it still doesn't look as great as I'd like.

Your photos and music from your other phone won't show up right away like before. I almost flipped when only 5 of my photos showed up from iCloud. I thought they were gone and lost in iPhone limbo forever! I was not happy.. photos are important to me especially now that I don't have a Facebook account saving them all! Fortunately they all showed up by the next morning. I guess it takes a really long time to load them from iCloud onto this new phone model.

Also, my music from my old phone (897 songs- most of them paid for on iTunes or CDs) did not download once I activated my phone and were stuck in the iCloud. I freaked when I saw all my music missing, but then I read online to hook my phone up to my laptop where iTunes is.. fortunately all the songs showed up and downloaded once I did that. 

The camera is much better. I haven't gotten to use my phone much yet but I can already tell the pictures are better quality. There is also a camera timer included on the camera- so you can take selfies from far away! Just prop your phone up on something or put it on a tripod and you can take a hands free selfie! It will give you up to 10 seconds to pose for your photo. Here is a selfie I (and Leo and Missy...) took with a camera timer: 


Text messages are more convenient. If you miss or ignore a call from someone you can choose from different "busy" or "away responses" (you can save custom messages too!) 



A predictive keyboard learns your texting style and will generate responses for you when someone texts you a question:



You have faster access to contacts. No more scrolling over to the contacts icon for your recent texts. The initials of the people you've had recent conversations with will be at the top of the screen- just double click the home button and tap the person's initials icon to quickly text them. Here's an example from my phone:


Touch ID: your fingerprint unlocks your iPhone 6 and lets you make iTunes and App Store purchases. I don't use a passcode to unlock my phone (I have nothing to hide!) so I haven't used this feature yet. 

Personally, I love the new phone! It is much easier to use than my iPhone 5. The iPhone 6 Plus is really cool too- please let me know if any of you have one and how it has worked out for you! Readers, have you gotten the iPhone 6 yet? Let me know what you think!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...