Thursday, January 29, 2015

Closing Time


Hey guys! I wanted to let you know some news I recently heard... Piperlime and Wet Seal are closing! Well, Wet Seal is closing the majority of their stores and filed for bankruptcy, so it sounds to me like the end for the company is in sight. 

Piperlime, Gap's trendy online boutique that was created to compete with Zappos, will be closing at the end of February. Gap announced that they are closing their Piperlime doors to focus more on their Old Navy, Banana Republic and Gap brands. 

If you haven't heard of Piperlime- they carry high end brands like Kate Spade, BCBG, 7 For All Mankind, Shoshanna, etc... its basically like a Nordstom, but they are known for having great sales. So, since this company is closing extremely soon, I suggest that you troll their site for the next month for their going-out-of-business sales!!! I know I be browsing their site all February for sure! 

Wet Seal unexpectedly closed hundreds of their stores across America and will only be keeping their west-coast locations open. I have always liked Wet Seal (even though its a store for teens haha), but didn't shop there much in the last couple years because I would have to drive all the way out to Cool Springs mall to go there. 

I have no idea if that Wet Seal is still open, but if there is a store still open near you, I would suggest going because there are probably some major going-out-of-business sales there too. 

Many Wet Seal employees were shocked when they were given the news that their store was closing without any warning. They were very irate that they were suddenly out of a job, and many are encouraging a boycott of the store. Look at these signs in the store windows across Wet Seals in the USA:



Yikes! Not good publicity for Wet Seal

Anyways, RIP, Wet Seal and Piperlime!!!! I will be shopping your sales until you're gone for good.....  


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...