Tuesday, March 31, 2015

EZ Sweet Potato

I am going to start posting about easy recipes every once in a while. Although I'm a foodie, unfortunately I am not fond of cooking (the last thing I want to do when I get home from work is cook a messy feast for just myself!)...... so I am always looking for recipes that are fast, easy, have very few ingredients .. and are hopefully healthy too!

Lets look at this twist on a Sweet Potato that I found on a blog. Sweet potatoes are very good for you- they are high in Vitamins B6, Vitamin A, Potassium, and they also contain Vitamin C, Magnesium, Biotin, Calcium and Iron! They are also low in calories (a medium sized sweet potato is around 130 calories) and they are high in fiber and protein- so it's super filling!

Here's an idea.. you can bake a sweet potato, fill it with cottage cheese, and ad some.... KETCHUP! Yes, ketchup. It sounds gross to add to the combo but trust me it's delicious! The combo of sweet and salty is awesome and with the ketchup added, it reminds me of eating sweet potato fries but a wayyy healthier version! 


 My sweet potato creation.. both easy and tasty!


Follow these easy peasy directions to try it for yourself:
  • Pierce a sweet potato with your fork in a few places. Place a sweet potato straight on the rack in your oven. Fold tin foil into a little tray on the rack below to catch any juice that falls off the potato during the cooking process. 
  • Skip the preheating process. Set your oven to 400 degrees and let it bake with the potato already inside. Bake for an hour if the potato is on the larger/ medium side.. if it's a small sweet potato then bake for 45 minutes. 
  • When the hour is up, remove the potato, open it and mash it. Add the cottage cheese on top. Add some salt and pepper and then sprinkle your glorious KETCHUP!
  • Enjoy your healthy feast!

You can't really beat three ingredients and zero prep time! Let me know what you think or if you have any other sweet potato ideas!



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...