Monday, March 2, 2015

Say Yes- Atlanta


I am not one of those girls who has been planning their wedding since birth, or the type to spend hours pinning stuff about my dream wedding on Pinterest, but I do like watching the show Say Yes to The Dress! I like to hear the girls' love stories of how they met their fiance and watch them try to pick out the dress for their wedding day. 

Recently I have discovered Say Yes- Atlanta, which is based on the bridal store Bridals by Lori in Atlanta, Georgia. I like it much better than the original show (which was based on a store in Manhattan, New York) because the sales people are more likeable, basically everyone who comes in there is from the South, and the dresses look much prettier! 

Also, celebrities have been making appearances on the show- both supermodel Niki Taylor and singer Jessie James Decker have made surprise appearances to help their fans pick out dresses. (I love Jessie James Decker by the way... I've also seen her out in Nashville and she is so adorable in person!)

This weekend I caught an episode of the show where I saw the most gorgeous dresses everrrrrr! Chelsea, 23, who was engaged at the time to Atlanta Braves's first baseman, Freddie Freeman, had both a ceremony dress and reception dress custom altered for her:



Her ceremony dress was my favorite. It was a mermaid style gown that was crocheted:



 

It (above) originally had a high neckline with straps, but she asked them to change it to a sweetheart neckline, and had them extend the train of the dress. Genius!


Her reception dress was also gorgeous- she had them add ostrich feathers to the bottom half of the dress:






I love the sparkles, the feathers, everything about it. Beau-ti-fullll!

These are definitely the dresses of my dreams, and its pretty cool that she came up with the alterations on her own! You can watch Chelsea try on the dresses in the episode here on minute 12:23:



Her wedding is also on minute 19:40. Readers, what do you guys think of the show?


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...