Monday, March 16, 2015

The Jinx: Robert Durst


I already had a post set for today because I had figured I wouldn't have much to write about over the weekend, but I was wrong! Last night I saw the finale of the HBO 6-part documentary series, The Jinx: The Life and Deaths of Robert Durst..... and it was definitely the craziest documentary I have EVER seen! It is about the millionaire New York real-estate heir, Robert Durst, who had been linked to three murders but never convicted. His wife, Kathleen Durst, was murdered in 1981, his best friend Susan Berman was murdered in 2000, and his neighbor was murdered in 2001. 

What is the craziest news of all is that Durst was just arrested on Saturday (the day before the finale) in a hotel in New Orleans--- because of the evidence that was recovered while making the film!!!!


Robert Durst Booking Photo

While creating the film, the filmmakers uncovered more evidence linking him to the murder of his best friend, Susan Berman. This is a victory for all documentary film makers and journalists everywhere!  They really are heroes and were able to do what police in three different states were unable to accomplish! 


Robert Durst is in court today over the new charges. This has been all over the news today and I was lucky enough to catch an interview with the director on Good Morning America before leaving for work.... watch the interview with the director of The Jinx, Andrew Jarecki, here!!!

I had watched Robert Durst's story on a Dateline or 20/20 episode before I saw the documentary, so I was familiar with his murderous accusations. It is funny because as you watch the documentary series you grow attached to Mr. Durst, because he is in a strange, creepy way likeable. 
 


I almost felt sorry for him at times and then wondered why!! He has a sense of humor and is polite and somewhat kind, which makes you for moments forget that he is accused by many police departments of being a SERIAL KILLER! 

His pride and desire for attention is what got himself re-arrested! Who participates in interviews for a documentary when you were accused/acquitted of three murders? He did all of these interviews against the advice of his attorneys... craziness! I think he clearly loves the attention, recognition and fame so much that he doesn't care if he gets caught for what he has done! If you missed the series, its not too late!!! All 6 parts of the film are available on Comcast on-Demand in the HBO section! 

Let me know what you thought of the documentary series, readers!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...