Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Flip Burger - Review

This weekend I finally got to try Flip Burger! It has only been open a few months, and since I live close by and drive by it every day, I had been dying to try it! FLIP Burger is "a modern burger boutique" and it was created by Richard Blais. You may remember Richard Blais from being a runner up on Top Chef Season 4, and the winner of Top Chef Season 8!  

It is located on the West side of Nashville on Charlotte Avenue, which is the side of town where real estate developments are currently flourishing:



We were really happy that although it was a Sunday night, there was zero wait and we were even able to find a booth. This is the inside of the Nashville Flip Burger:



As you can see, this is a very trendy styled restaurant and not your typical sports bar atmosphere. I will start off by saying I was really, reeeeeally impressed by the food! I'm so happy we tried this place. Here is what we had:


We started off with the Fried Cheese Curds as an appetizer:




I picked this because I had read in reviews about how great they are. They are several kinds of cheese fried in a wonton type breading, served with a tartar sauce-type dipping sauce. They may not look like much, but we couldn't stop eating them! They were gone in about 5 minutes. So good! 

The prices are reasonable at Flip Burger, but sides have to be ordered in addition to your main meal. So I ordered the  Sweet Potato Tots- these come with Burnt Marshmallow Foam:



These were insanely good! I thought no tater tots could top the ones from the Grilled Cheeserie, but these tots are likely the best I have ever tried, and the sauce was really unusual and tasty!


Adam had the Beef Fat French Fries as his side:




They come with a specialty smoked mayo dipping sauce and specialty ketchup (above). Let me tell you.. these are really the best fries I have ever had. Seriously.. and I am such a french fry fan so that says a lot. I had thought for so long that the fries at Tavern were the best in Nashville, but now I am convinced that the Flip Burger fries top those!


Adam and I both ordered the Double burger:




This burger has 2 angus patties, double bacon, white American cheese, diced onions, pickles, and yellow mustard. I had read that most of their burgers are a little on the smaller side, but this one was huge. I could only finish half. It was a delicious burger but next time I want to be more adventurous and order their Turkey Burger, Lamb Burger, Shrimp Burger or Bison Burger!

We had wanted to try one of their milkshakes but we were way too full! They have a crazy looking S'Mores milkshake that has burnt marshmallows on top! They also have really delectable looking specialty cocktails and martinis that are worth trying if you are wanting to booze.

My only complaint is that it is pretty bright in there, so don't go in there if you have a headache. I am a big fan of darkly lit restaurants no matter what time of day! But if you are looking for a restaurant to try that is modern, unusual and still tasty- definitely check out Flip Burger! They also have a location Birmingham and 3 locations in Atlanta.  I already can't wait to go back. Let me know what you think of Flip Burger!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...