Monday, September 21, 2015

Ryan Adams' Cover of Taylor Swift's 1989 Album!!





Well it was a great weekend! My alma mater Ole Miss beat No. 2 Ranked Alabama this weekend in football (43 - 37) for the 2nd year in a row! Last year we beat them in Oxford - Ole Miss fans swarmed the fields and broke the goal posts- this year we beat them in Tuscaloosa for the first time since 1988! It was a very stressful game down to the last 10 seconds but nonetheless we WON! That definitely made my year!




Another exciting event that happened over the weekend was that Ryan Adams released his cover of Taylor Swift's entire 1989 album! These are two of my very favorite artists - I have written so many times about what a fan I am of Taylor Swift- I have ALL of her CDs!! Also, I saw Ryan Adams at the Ryman Auditorium in April and it was one of the best shows I've ever seen in my life! He is absolutely insanely talented. I was really looking forward to seeing what he would do with his own version of Taylor Swift's pop album! 





Ryan Adams at The Ryman in April (image credit)



I pre-ordered the album on iTunes so I actually got it downloaded early at 10 p.m. last night (it was released to iTunes at midnight last night)! 

My favorite songs on the album are "I Wish You Would", "Style", "Wildest Dreams" and "Welcome to New York". For his fans he was cool enough to upload the ENTIRE ALBUM onto YouTube (you can listen here!) Below you can listen to my favorite songs from his album:


"Style":






"I Wish You Would":






"Wildest Dreams":




"Welcome to New York":



 
I'm not sure why he didn't cover the song "New Romantics" from Taylor Swift's 1989 cd.. maybe he ran out of time or just didn't like the song! His versions of "Bad Blood" and "Shake It Off" were very unusual and slow - he definitely wanted to try something very different from Taylor's interpretation of the dancy pop songs (listen to his versions below): 


"Bad Blood":





"Shake It Off":
  


As I've said before, my favorite song on Taylor Swift's 1989 album is "All You Had to Do Was Stay"... ... it is Taylor Swift's favorite song from it too! So I am still waiting for that song to hit the radio.. I didn't like Ryan Adam's version of it, but I really like the rest of the CD. Be sure to check it out here or buy it on iTunes- you get 13 songs for only $10.00!! 

What do you guys think of  Ryan Adams' version of Taylor Swift's songs?? You can also read this post HERE on BlogHer!
 
 


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...