Friday, October 23, 2015

Friday Five!!




Happy Friday to all of you!!! I hope you all have some fun weekend plans lined up. Here are five fun things that happened this week:


1. Va.cat.ion. Well today is an exciting day for me because its my last work day before I go on a much needed vacation! I have 8 vacation days to use up before the end of the year so I will be taking next week off.

Adam and I have an exciting trip planned-- we are going to Gatlinburg, Tennessee! 

 


This is my first time ever to go to Gatlinburg (I'm one of the very few Nashvillians who have never been to Gatlinburg or the Smokey Mountains!) Adam has been there many times and knows of many things to do there. We will be staying downtown so we can walk to many of the fun shops and sites around town! Have any of you ever been to Gatlinburg? What are your suggestions of things to do there?




2. The Bachelorette. You all know I am a huge fan of The Bachelorette TV show! Well this year's Bachelorette, Kaitlyn Bristowe, who I have written a lot about on this blog, has moved here to Nashville with her Bachelorette fiance, Shawn Booth! Here are some of her photos from their home here that were posted on Instagram this week:













I am very interested to see if I spot either of them here around town! And how CUTE is that dog??? They're such an adorable little family and I love seeing them both post about their lives together on Instagram. I don't call is Insta-stalking.. I call it Insta-Investigating :)



3. Lamar Odom. This time last week things were looking very grim for former basketball star / Kardashian spouse, Lamar Odom. From the reports on the news, I had thought he was for sure a goner, and that if he did pull though, he would be in a vegetative state. But I was wrong! I am very happy to hear that after a few days he opened his eyes, etc. and is making big progress! 





However, I do find it interesting that I read reports that he had been saying very harsh, negative things about the entire Kardashian family (including Khloe) during the week before his hospitalization.. and then he goes into a coma and wakes up, opens his eyes and is surrounded by the Kardashian family at his bedside for an entire week. Very odd and strange to hear about. 

I am hoping for Khloe's sake that she only called off their divorce because of his fragile state and so she could continue to make medical decisions for him. She can do much better than Lamar.... actually, most women in general can do much better than Lamar.. I mean, considering that he almost died during his 5-day stay in a brothel, she and everyone else should avoid a relationship with him for a long time. I hope she is being there for him as a friend and not as much as a love interest. What do you guys think about all this?



4. HALLOWEEN is almost here!!!! I am so excited and I don't think I've ever used the pumpkin emoji so much in my life! To celebrate, my sister and I will be hosting a Halloween party next weekend and I can't wait! I had so much fun making these invitations on Vistaprint and sending them to all of our friends:






I redacted most of the personal info from the invitation but you get the idea. I absolutely love getting invitations in the mail, they are so much more  exciting than emailed e-vites and you can show your creativity through them! I am still trying to decide between two Halloween costumes to wear. What are y'all going to be for Halloween??



5.  Target Finds. A couple weeks ago Target was having a shoe sale so I got these 3 pairs of booties in different colors:




I am so glad that I found these instead of buying more expensive ones from Nordstrom because they are so comfortable and go with so many outfits. They are very easy to walk in - yay for platform heels! Also when you wear them with flared jeans or pants you can't even tell the difference between these and designer boots. I've been wearing them both to work and on the weekends so I've already gotten my money's worth. Thanks for the fabulous booties, Target!

I hope you all have a fabulous weekend and I will try to post while I am on vacay. Thanks for reading, everyone!!

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...