Friday, December 11, 2015

Martinis & Mistletoe

Last weekend we went to Martinis & Mistletoe - a Christmas party fundraiser at Cheekwood. This cocktail party benefits Cheekwood and the Horticultural Society of Middle Tennessee. I had been to this party years ago and had a blast but I didn't go the last two years because there happened to be an ice/snow storm both years. I was really happy that we had warmer weather this year and could go! This event has gotten so much bigger and better since the last time we went!!

Tickets sold out days before the event and I can definitely see why. This was a much bigger production than when I went years ago. The event was decorated beautifully and elegantly with white sheets and lights bordering the ballroom. The band 24/7 played on stage and it was my favorite band I've seen - they played current hits, music from the 70's and 80s, hip hop, and Motown music. 








 Best of all, my best friend of 14 years, Jamie, got to go with us. We have been best friends since high school, college and beyond. She's planning on moving to Nashville soon and got to see some of our old friends at the event. I'm so excited for her to move here:








Tickets were $75 and included an open bar and snacks. They had lots of hors d'oeuvres, but best of all they brought out Krystals sandwiches and PIZZA at the end of the night! I have never seen that happen at a fancy event and it was such a fun spin on a fancy Christmas party! If you were wondering, I got my dress here at Nordstrom and it cost less than $60!

ALSO, this year your party ticket included admission to see the Holiday Lights display at Cheekwood which is amazing! You all have to go see the lights sometime this year - they are gorgeous, and they even play fun Christmas music while you walk though! Here are some pictures of Cheekwood's Holiday Lights that I found on Instagram (#cheekwoodholidaylights) - you can get your tickets here:











This really was one of the most fun parties I've ever been to, so you all should definitely go next year! Have you been to any holiday parties yet this year??


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...