Monday, February 1, 2016

Grease: Live




Did any of you catch Grease Live on Sunday night? As expected, Julianne Hough did amazing! She is one of my favorite actresses/ dancers and she was perfect as Sandy!

Also notable was that Vanessa Hudgens absolutely killed it as Rizzo! I can't believe that Vanessa's father passed away hours before their live show! I had no idea that this happened until the day after I saw Grease Live. You absolutely couldn't see it at all in any of her performances - her acting skills really shined through. She knew that the show must go on and did such an amazing job!




I wasn't a huge fan of Aaron Tveit as Danny. I think he was really miscasted since he had a lot to live up to after John Travolta's performance. I think Tveit came off as creepy to me.. but that's just my opinion! 

The other actors and actresses didn't really stand out to me.. I feel like Julianee and Vanessa really overshadowed everybody.

If you missed it, below are my favorite scenes from the 3-hour live performance!











(my favorite performance of the night)






















I thought the camera angles were a little distracting... I would have preferred having less of the dizzying camera moving around. The full live performance is available on Comcast OnDemand, and you can find out more about how to watch the show here!

Please let me know what you guys thought of Grease Live below! What were your favorite scenes, actors or actresses - I would love to hear your opinions!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...