Monday, February 29, 2016

Oscars 2016: Recap



I'm guessing all of you watched the Oscars last night. I was worried that this time around I would be bored out of my mind for 4 hours since I only saw one movie this year that was nominated for anything (which was Straight Outta Compton, by the way... and if you haven't seen it, you must! I LOVED it!)

I didn't find myself bored, though, and I was much more entertained than when I watched The Grammys this year. I loved Chris Rock's opening monologue and he actually made me laugh out loud a couple times. I liked all the random things he did throughout the night because even if things like the Girls Scouts seemed stupid.. it kept me awake! 

Even though the awards focused soooooo much on politics and controversial issues (diversity, rape victims, gay rights, etc.) it still didn't seem as depressing as other awards shows lately and it still kept me entertained without making me want to cry ;)

I also think that everyone across the USA knows who The Weeknd is now since he has performed at both The Grammys and The Oscars in the last month. I'm glad he keeps performing because he seems to lighten the mood. He does need to do something about his hairdo though... I'm not feelin' it.

Also... I'm sure everyone was cheering from their sofa that Leo DiCaprio FINALLY WON AN OSCAR! I also liked his acceptance speech. After seeing him in so many amazing movies and 7 Oscar nominations, I'm thrilled that he's finally been recognized by The Academy. 

But most notable of all is that I HATED the majority of the dresses worn to The Oscars. I am not liking the plunging neckline to the belly button on everyone, and I also hate the midi-length, high low, bubble hemmed and cropped formal gowns trends!

But these dresses were my favorite of the night: 



 You can never go wrong with wearing gold for a formal event.. or any special occasion.





I always love Cate Blanchett's dresses.. I loved the color of this dress and how va-va-voom it was. A dress like this would only be appropriate for The Oscars or the Met Gala. I also loved her hair, makeup and jewelry.





Jennifer Gardner is so charming and pretty.. I wish she would move on from Ben and find someone who will make her happy!





I loved Olivia Munn's dress. I have always loved orangey red anything... I have never thought she's that great, but in my opinion she definitely had one of the best looks out of anyone. 





Can Rachel McAdams look bad in anything? She could wear a garbage bag and still like gorgeous. I loved that she picked a green dress.. we never see enough green, and its a color that looks fab on any skin tone!




Can we talk about how perfect Maria Menounos is in every way? She's simply adorable and I have loved seeing her host E! News! Don't tell anyone, but I like her even more than Giuliana :)





This dress reminds me of almost every formal gown that I've ever worn to events.. so I had to add this one to the list! It's so chic and want it!! 


After watching the awards I can't wait to see The Big Short, Spotlight, and to find out what the movie The Room is even about! 

What did you guys think of The Oscars and the dresses this year? Which one was your favorite or least favorite?




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...