Wednesday, April 27, 2016

The Big Short: Review






This weekend I finally saw The Big Short. I had very high hopes for this movie after seeing the star-studded cast and how many awards it was nominated for. 

This movie was based on the non-fiction 2010 book by the same name written by Michael Lewis. It is about the financial crisis of 2007-2008, which was triggered by the United States housing bubble. 

The movie won an Oscar for Best Writing and was nominated for several other awards, but I think it did not live up to its hype. Maybe it's one of those movies that is better seen on the big screen? 

I found the movie to be entertaining, but it really seemed disorganized and all over the place. It made me feel a little confused throughout the movie. I thought it would be a really funny comedy, but I don't remember many jokes being said in the film. It is worth seeing, but don't go into it thinking it will be the best movie ever. 

It also gives you very good insight into the market crash that took place back when I was in college. I graduated in the spring of 2008 and then went into the working world - when the job market was at an all-time low and gas prices were at an all time high!! It was a rude awakening. Thankfully those things have turned around since then.

Anyways, have any of you seen The Big Short? What did you think of the movie.. please let me know below!



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...